Friday, April 20, 2012

ENC Spring Faire 2012 Featured Artists - Sylvia Marson


Sylvia Marson's Gourd Art – “I love the whole process of growing, cleaning, cutting, wood burning and carving gourds. They are natures substitute for wood and I can create a beautiful object of art by transforming a dirty, moldy ornamental plant into something shiny and beautiful. I’m an environmental, health & safety professional by trade and an artist by heart. I started working with gourds around 1996 when I took my first class and was hooked. There is an old legend that says: If you give or receive a gourd, with it goes all the best in life – health, happiness and other good things. Gourds have been used by many cultures for thousands of years. Now I hope you enjoy my gourd art and pass it on. Good things will come”.
Sylvia Marson works in Costa Mesa, CA and spends weekends and holidays in Morro Bay. Her gourd art is also sold at the Muth Interpretive Center and the Environmental Nature Center in Newport Beach. Take a calling card, visit her website and enjoy the photos of her gourd art.
949-645-9348


No comments: